Sunday, 7 December 2014

MORE FAVOURITES



As you know the blog reached 100,000 views this week I thought i would indulge you with a few more memories in photography form, above from the collection of Stuart Ray is Great Yarmouth AEC Swift 74 PEX 174K in 1984, no matter how I tried in early 1984 to go on this magnificent beast I never did, although I did have a tour of Yarmouth routes the following year.
Another bus I wholly loved was the Bristol VR of Eastern Counties, seen here on the right in the Old Cattle Market still with it's Scottish destination display intact is a series one VR, VR 322 NAG 587G, again from Stuart Ray. Checkout the unusual bumper the bus has, very strange.













I know i'm a sucker for a Bristol VR this time in Cromer is Eastern Counties VR140 SNG 440M.


 Another Stuart Ray one used in the Ipswich Buses History book in the late 1980's sees 3 all over advert buses all with companies that no longer exist, all are Leyland Atlanteans with the classic Charles Roe body are 34 SDX 34R,86 WPV 86L and 97 TRT 97M.

 To finish off with is Eastern Counties LFS 104 DNG 404C in Lowestoft interesting to see the driver still has the Summer dust jacket on something which would come increasingly rare in the 1970's was the sometimes sloppy attire that could be seen in the summer in the 1970's

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Liveries, Recent Transfers and a huge update.

  Seen in Colchester is a First Essex Streetlite 47667 SN15 ACO which has the new logo on the front , fleet name on the side but with no lar...