Mulleys have a long and winding history going back to early 1939, the very first bus being a Gilford A56/Willowbrook, UT 7836 from Whelton, Coalville withdrawn around November 1951 followed in the May by 7 AG 8604 a Gilford 1680T/Weymann from Western SMT as seen above obviously dragged out of the field where Jack Mulley had left them, this was withdrawn around June 1959, these dates are when they were spotted to be disused, these two and 27 other assorted Buses and Coaches made up the auction in May 1975. Below is another withdrawn Coach waiting to be auctioned in 30 a new to Mulleys CCF 958 a Leyland PS1/Duple coach new in May 1950 and withdrawn in 12/69 , by the look of it it wasn't complete, all were sold to unknown buyers, several survived in preservation including the Ipswich Transport Museum's Bedford OB PV 9371.
Copyright ETCS . Seen here is ex Norfolk Motor services Bedford OB/Duple GFW 674 which had a very short life with Mulleys of around three years and was also sold in the auction in May 1975.


No comments:
Post a Comment